Dario de Martino, Co-Chair, Blockchain Practice
Morrison + Foerster LLP
In today’s episode, I talk to Dario de Martino. He’s an M+A and Private Equity Partner and Co-Chair of the Blockchain Practice at Morrison + Foerster LLP in New York City.
And I ask Dario about the real possibilities and opportunities around security tokens, bother from a business standpoint, the legal perspective and also from a retail investor point of view.
We do get into some legal terminology, but I’m pretty fascinated about it all. If you’re interested learning more about the most up to date stuff on SEC regulation and where we’re headed in this space, I hope you stick around and listen in.
We answer these questions and more:
- What are the advantages of tokenizing securities?
- How do Securities laws work generally in the US?
- What are the main SEC regulations that are related to blockchain projects and tokenizing securities?
- What happens if a company offers a security token to people around the world (except the US) and then it’s sold back to someone in the United States?
- What kind of securities do you think will be tokenized in the future and are there any you’re excited about?